Hooray! I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Malanie @ Malanie Loves Fiction. Thanks Malanie! (And sorry it’s taken me approx. 78 years to do this, I’ve been dying on the couch.)
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
Name the first book that comes to mind GO
Solitaire by Alice Oseman. It’s the first one in my eye level when I look up!
What’s your favorite TV show of all time?
Doctor Who. It jumped the shark in a BIG way when Stephen Moffat took over but let’s talk about series one through four for a second. Or all day. Whichever you prefer.
Who is your favorite author?
JK Rowling, Laurie Halse Anderson, Alison Croggon.
Do you read ARCs? Favorite ARC you’ve ever received?
I don’t, but I’ve signed up to Netgalley – and then promptly fell ill, so now that I feel like a human again I’m going to actually look into it.
3 book characters who are most like you
- Hermione Granger – likes learning stuff, spends a lot of her time exasperated with her friends, has a cat.
- Mia in the Princess Diaries series, because she was the most relatable character I’ve ever found for high school me.
- Steffi in A Quiet Kind of Thunder, because while I wasn’t COMPLETELY mute in school, I certainly didn’t talk an awful lot until I got to probably my final year. Anxiety, yo.
Giraffes. They’re tall and goofy looking. Relatable.
Favorite book character?
Probably Cadvan from the Pellinor series.
Which book do you wish you could forget so you could reread it for the first time again?
The Gift by Alison Croggon. Honestly by this point I’ve likely hyped it up so much that anyone else picking these books up will be like “what is this girl on”.
Favorite book as a child?
I grew up with Harry Potter. The first book came out when I was seven, so I can barely remember what my favourite was before Harry!
Book you wish would be turned into a movie or TV show
The Pellinor series by Alison Croggon…but I know that I have such high expectations that it would have to be almost unrealistically good.
Book you’re really really looking forward to in 2018
Goodbye, Perfect by Sara Barnard, Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi, On The Come Up by Angie Thomas.
- What’s the best present you’ve ever received?
- What song are you listening to right now? (Or what was the last song you listened to?)
- What’s your favourite quote from a book ever?
- What’s the furthest you’ve ever travelled? (And what was it like!)
- Favourite pizza topping?
- What top three things do you look for in a book?
- What’s the first book you can ever remember reading? (Or having read to you!)
- What are you looking forward to most in 2018?
- Is there a book out just now that you haven’t read but are DYING to?
- If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would it be?
- What made you decide to start blogging?